This webpage is a repository of public information related to the June 18, 2014, incident in which an officer shot a dog while engaged in a search for a missing 3-year-old boy. The goal of any after-action assessment is increased safety for officers and the public. Please return to this page or follow SLCPD’s Twitter and Facebook pages for updates.
Chief Burbank welcomes a free and respectful exchange of opinions on this matter by email or regular post:
Attn: Chief Burbank
Salt Lake City Police Department
P.O. Box 145497
SLC, UT 84114-5497
List of releases, actions taken
- 6/19/14: Watch Log related to incident
- 6/19/14: SLCPD After-Action Assessment to Include Input from Country’s Largest Animal Welfare Organization
- 6/20/14: Webpage for After-Action Assessment Progress posted
- 6/23/14: Chief’s Office met with Sean Kendall and Haley Bowen. Arrangements made for investigators to visit the home.
- 6/27/14: VIDEO: Chief Burbank Addresses Investigation of Officer-Involved Shooting of a Dog