First event starts at 6:30 a.m.; all roads reopen at 1 p.m.
October 12, 2012 — The Salt Lake City Police reminds the public to expect traffic delays and road closures Saturday morning, October 13, due to the Utah Marathon.
All events will start on 200 East between 400 and 500 South. Officers will accommodate traffic as safety allows. However, motorists should expect periods of time when cars may have to wait as long as 20 minutes or more.
At 1 p.m., all remaining runners will be directed to the sidewalk and the course will be cleared for traffic as usual, except for 200 East, from 400–500 South, which is closed for after-race events.
Start times for Utah Marathon events:
- 6:30 a.m. — Bike Tour
- 6:50 a.m. — Wheelchair & Handcycle
- 7:00 a.m. — Marathon start
- 7:00 a.m. — Half Marathon start
- 9:00 a.m. — 5K Run and Walk
- 10:00 a.m. — Kids K
- 10: a.m. — Awards Ceremony (5K)
- 11:00 a.m. — Awards Ceremony (Half Marathon)
- 12:00 p.m. — Awards Ceremony (Marathon)
Please drive with care and patience when crossing the course and encountering Utah Marathon participants.