Watch Command Log Reporting Period:
6 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 – 6 a.m. Wednesday, April 23, 2014
SALT LAKE CITY— Each day Salt Lake City Police Department receives hundreds of calls for service, not all of which result in a report or arrest. Compiled by Watch Commanders in the field, the Watch Log is a summary of events they felt stood out in the last 24-hour period. Items contained herein are based on information available at the time of its release and should not be interpreted as an admission or finding of guilt. Arrest information may differ from formal charges filed by the prosecuting agency. To see a list of completed calls for service in the last 48 hours, please visit slcpd.com/policecallsforservice.
550 N. 200 W.
Officers responded to reports of a burglary in progress. The victim stated that he heard noises in his girlfriend’s mother’s apartment, which is located above his. Upon investigating, the victim discovered a man in the residence. Although the victim attempted to keep the suspect there until police arrived, the suspect struck him in the face and fled. The victim described the suspect as a male Hispanic adult, approximately 18-20 years-old, 6 feet 2 inches, 150 pounds, wearing a very large grey hoodie and black gym shorts.
532 N. Redwood Rd.
Officers responded to a traffic accident involving a vehicle that had veered off the road into a home. The vehicle was found in the living room of the home, but no one in the home was injured. The driver of the vehicle was a male juvenile. He was transported to a local hospital in critical condition. This case is still under investigation.
Based on complaints and crime trends in the downtown area, Narcotics Officers conducted an enforcement operation that resulted in the following arrests:
- Pedro Lozano Alvarez (08/08/86), distribution of heroin and possession of cocaine.
- Luis Manuel Aguilar (01/21/85), distribution of heroin and possession of marijuana.
- Ranan Doblado (01/01/84), possession with intent to distribute, possession of heroin, tampering with evidence.
- Juan Valle Valle (04/21/74), possession of heroin and possession of cocaine.
- Marco Valle Hernandez (05/07/93), distribution of controlled substance.
- Enieluises Zuniga (08/18/94), possession of cocaine and possession of heroin.
- Shawn Curtis Micek (03/26/80) possession of marijuana in a park.
The Police Department asks anyone with information about this or other criminal activity to call (801) 799-3000. Anonymous tips may be sent by texting the keyword TIPSLCPD plus any relevant information to 274637. Reference: crimetip.