Citizen Online Police Reporting
If this is an Emergency, please call 911
Welcome to the Salt Lake City Police Department Citizen Online Police Reporting System. Using this online reporting system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free.
Please confirm the following to find out if Citizen Online Police Report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the Salt Lake City jurisdiction? View map.
- There are NO known suspects?
- This did not occur on a state highway?
- You have a current email address, that you check regularly, to find out if additional information is required or your report has been accepted.
If you answered YES to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered NO to any of the questions please look at our frequently asked questions section.
IMPORTANT: You must put a phone number in at least one of the phone number fields (Home, Cell or Business) in case the follow up Detective needs to contact you for additional information. Follow up contact will NOT be made to an email address.
- All cases filed using the Citizen Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
- You must start your case here to get a copy of the report here. And only the categories listed below are reportable online at this time. To request copies of other case reports, you must file a GRAMA request. Click here.
File an Online Report
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: “Your online police report has been submitted” showing that your police report is complete.
Upon the Salt Lake City Police Department’s acceptance of your report you will:
- Be given a permanent police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- Online Report - Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of frequently asked questions regarding our online reporting system. We hope this answers any questions you may have. If this page doesn’t answer your question, feel free to contact us.
How do I enter an address?
To speed up the review and processing of your report, it will help if you enter addresses in the following manner. If both portions of the address are simple N S E or W, you should leave the St Type field blank.
What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency call 801-799-3000.
What if this happened in another city? Can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?
No, If a crime took place outside of the Salt Lake City Police Department’s jurisdiction please call the police department for that city.
What if this happened on a state Freeway?
If this took place on a state freeway, please call the Highway Patrol Office nearest you.
What is a known suspect?
A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.