Promising Youth Project
Unlocking Potential in Salt Lake City’s Youth:
The Promising Youth Project is aimed at fostering a collaborative, community-based approached to violence, crime, and gang reduction.
The project is unique to Salt Lake City and operates within the Salt Lake City School District as a school-based program. Led by the Civilian Advocates within the Salt Lake City Police Department the Promising Youth Project brings key, on-the-ground resources to children, parents, and faculty members in participating schools. The Promising Youth Project supports youth between 8 and 18 years old in a 15-week long program utilizing evidence-based curriculums to address specific social factors that predispose youth to violence, crime, and gang involvement. Advocates within PYP intervene and take effective action with the youth and their family in the form of case-management.
Salt Lake City Police Department Promising Youth Summer Opportunity (PYSO)
The interest form will be posted once applications are being excepted for the next Summer Opportunity.
Check back for updates.
For more information on the Promising Youth Summer Opportunity (PYSO), click the button below:
Key Components of the PYSO include:
- Community Building and Passion Projects
- Community Networking and Mentor Programs
- Cross-Cultural Adventures
- Development in Empathy, Resilience, and Leadership Skills
- Involvement in Recreational and Physical Activity
- Life Skills and Social Emotional Skills Training
- Outdoor Adventures in National Parks and Public Lands
- Parent Education and Resources
- Positive Community-Police Relations