Chief Burbank Statement on Settlement Negotiations with Sean KendallJuly 29, 2014
Internal Affairs Investigation Clears Officer in Firearms Discharge Resulting in Dog’s DeathAugust 1, 2014
CAPTURED: Officers took Roberts into custody Saturday, August 2, 2014. He is being booked on 2 charges of aggravated robbery, with more charges to come. Thank you to the observant member of the public who saw him and contacted law enforcement.
Wanted: Marshall James Roberts
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department is offering a cash reward for information leading to the apprehension of serial robbery suspect Marshall James Roberts.
Detectives have positively identified Roberts as the suspect in the following cases:
- Health Care Credit Union, 769 E. South Temple, 11:15 a.m. Friday, July 25, 2014
- Coffee Noir, 1035 E. 200 S., 8:15 p.m. Sunday, July 20, 2014
- University of Utah Book Store, Tuesday, July 29, 2014
- Deseret Federal Credit Union, Murray, Wednesday, July 30, 2014
In addition to the four robberies, detectives believe Roberts may be the primary suspect in at least two more cases in Salt Lake City. Although working with other agencies to apprehend him, detectives are now offering a cash reward for information leading to the successful apprehension of the suspect.
Description and other details:
- A white male, 25 years old, 6 feet 1 inch tall, thin build, curly hair
- Suspect may have cut his hair and shaved since his photos were first released
- He is known to frequent the shelter area or stay in local motels
- Heroin addict
If you have information about Roberts’ location, please call local law enforcement. Do not approach him. He is considered to be a danger to himself and others.
To share information about this or other criminal activity with the Salt Lake City Police Department, please call (801) 799-3000. To remain anonymous, text the keyword TIPSLCPD plus any relevant information to 274637. Reference: coffee noir or case #14-124866.