SLCPD Responds to Three Rollover Crashes in Less Than 24 Hours
September 9, 2022
Update: Shooting Victim Dies, SLCPD Homicide Detectives Request Assistance
September 10, 2022


September 10, 2022


Media Contact Information: 

SLCPD Investigating Shooting, 1 Person Critically Injured

SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department is investigating a shooting that critically injured a person.

This investigation started at 12:54 a.m. on Saturday September 10, 2022, when SLC911 received multiple calls about a shooting near 500 South Post Street.

Patrol officers, members of the SLCPD’s Pioneer Bike Squad and detectives with the SLCPD’s Gang Unit immediately responded.

Upon their arrival, officers found a person with at least one gunshot wound.

Officers provided immediate life-saving efforts.

Gold Cross transported the victim to the hospital with critical and life-threatening injuries.

Based on the preliminary investigation, the suspect, while standing outside, fired multiple rounds into the victim’s car while the victim and a passenger sat inside.

The passenger of the car did not have any physical injuries.

Immediately after the shooting, the suspect got into a car and left. Officers searched the area but could not locate the suspect or the suspect’s car.

Due to the victim’s injuries, detectives assigned to the SLCPD’s Homicide Squad are leading this investigation.

Working with detectives, officers have started a search of the neighborhood looking for any potential evidence, including any surveillance video that may have captured the shooting.

Members of the SLCPD’s Crime Lab Unit responded to process the scene.

The name, age and gender of the victim is not being released at this time.

Right now, there is no suspect information to release.

Anyone with information on this case is asked to call 801-799-3000 and reference case number 22-176652.

A SLCPD PIO responded to the scene to provide media updates.

The PIO will be available for additional interviews at 9 a.m. at the Public Safety Building for media who did not respond to the scene overnight.

Two photos from the scene are being released.